Wednesday, November 08, 2006

visit w/ old friends

I'm still trying to catch up on stuff that's happened since I moved but before I started this blog. One highlight was getting a somewhat surprise visit from some PA friends! Heidi, Holly, and Natalee were taking a cross-country sisters-special road trip, and decided to include a stop in Visalia. We had a great time checking out Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks (awesome scenery, but I forgot the memory card for my camera! major bummer =), dining out, watching movies, and also driving two hours to the Central Coast. We arrived at Morro Bay just in time to catch the sunset. Here's a shot:

Morry Bay is a cool little beach, but we didn't have much time, so I'm looking forward to checking it out again next summer. I especially want to climb up that big mound of rock in the background, just for fun.

Thanks for visiting guys! I had a blast. If it's not too unmanly to admit, I especially enjoyed singing all the old favorites in the car while to/from the mountains and the beach. And a big thank you is due to all three for buying me a microwave and some other stuff for the kitchen, and for even going so far as to do some cleaning and organizing for me while I was at work! Just for the record, of course I do enjoy spending time with friends even when they don't buy me gifts and clean my shower. Also, contrary to what the boss and other locals think, I don't have three girlfriends =)

11 comments:

Christian said...

Cool picture. But you're going to make your California girlfriends jealous. Oh, wait, I get it... fishing for more gifts and acts of service, are we?

Anonymous said...

Nice pic Sangree and thanks for the entry!

Janice Phillips said...

Not sure why valley guys/girls thing MB is such a cool beach...its just a big rock. ;-) Actually the last of the Seven Sisters (you totally need to hike up San Luis Mtn and Bishop's Peak next time). Next time you need to check out Avila and Pismo.

Christian said...

Sean, that beach looks like some I got to visit in Australia. It's a very cool beach, man.

Anonymous said...

Hey, hey! Found your blog. yay! That picture is amazing! The water, the sky, the girls... :) It seriously looks like a painting. Hope all is well with you. It is a beautiful day in VA...maybe almost CA-esque. -Kara

Vicki & Bruce said...

Sean, I can't beleive how long your right arm is.

Anonymous said...

Nice pics Sean. Looks like you are having fun.

Brian

SES said...

Brian?! Yoder, is that you? Dude!! it's been a long time. shoot me an e-mail (sangree99@aol.com) with your e-mail address or screen name- I'd love to catch up.

Nica said...

Sure ya don't have three girlfriends. ;-)

I love MB, but my fav. beaches are further north: Julia Pfiffer Burns SP, Big Sur, beaches around Monterey Bay... though the ones south of MB are cool too: Pismo, Avila, etc. Def. worth exploring.

SES said...

j r phillips and nica (I'll use your blog names for privacy): thanks for the recommendations- it's great having local input! I chose MB 'cause time was limited and it seemed closest. Looking forward to exploring the Central Coast further in the near future

Anonymous said...

Hey, I know them! :)