Friday, April 13, 2007

blog status update

okay folks,

Here's the deal: When I started this blog last year, I was in the middle of a bunch of exciting new things-cross country move, new city and state, new job, etc. I had things to blog about. Interesting things.

I've been here six months now and frankly, I don't think my current happenings are all that exciting to write about. If you really want to hear about the most recent SMR training event, or the last estate plan I drew up, or what church was like on Sunday, please by all means pick up your phone and call me. I have free evenings and weekends. Or send an e-mail my way. I love hearing from family and friends.

I'm going to continue to update here when I think I have something that's worth writing about, but I'm not going to scrape the bottom of the barrel, so to speak, in an attempt to provide once or twice a week posts. See, I think I've figured it out- just about all my family and friends who blog have young kids, and their blogs pretty much chronicle the funny and cute things their kids do and say. It's always fresh and interesting because babies and kids are always developing and doing/saying funny and cute things. Unfortunately I don't have any babies, and what I've been up to lately is pretty much more of the same things I've been blogging about since I got out here: SMR, work, going to church or the gym. That's about it.

I certainly don't want to assume that people are interested in anything I have to say anyway. I just don't want to disappoint my mother, who seems to want regular updates, and one or two others who indicate that they check my blog once in a while. so I'm hoping to change my official blog status from "regular" to "occasional," like maybe once a month or so. Fair enough?

7 comments:

CABeachBlonde said...

Wow, there is actually someone else out there in the no-kids-to-blog-about status. Refreshing. When I realized I didn't have as many actual events to blog about, I started doing totally random things to compensate. :)

Allison Sangree said...

Sean, your life may seem ordinary to you, but because you're there and we're here, we are interested in what your life is like - the boring and the exciting ( and by the way what's boring to you may be exciting to us, who never get to see the inside of a courthouse, or drive by the ocean).
We want to get the inside scoop on your life because we are interested in YOU, not just what you do, but what you're thinking and maybe feeling at the time.
Blog for the few who really care, will ya? (No pressure though =)

Christian said...

Hey, I blog for work, for the kids and for me personally. Just do it when you feel like it. The nice thing about blogging is that the people who don't find it interesting won't be checking! =)

It all boils down to this... It's your blog, man. Blog your own blog, ya know? Nobody can tell you how to blog your blog. You're blogging and that's all that matters. And I might add that we love to read it even if it's just the hum drum. I mean, check my last couple of entries... "Dry Cleaning, etc." Ha! It's my blog and until the blog police finally catch me, I'm a free blogger.

Missi said...

I think it's my blog that is pretty boring. I mean, all I ever blog about is my baby. While baby pictures are as cute as can be...how deep is that? I like reading my friends blogs who don't post baby pictures each entry...cause that's all I get to read about.
Looking forward to whatever you blog about next!

Anonymous said...

Sean, I agree with your mom-your blog is not boring to those that love you! I check it 3-5 times a week and have enjoyed hearing about your life in CA. I can't be too hard on people for not updating, because I am negligent about it myself! I get a kick out of hearing about your single life and all those girls that you need to meet out there! So keep us posted on your newest one!

Erin said...

Looks like you are not getting off that easy. We all like your blog! :) So, don't be too long between posts.....

Great to talk to you the other day! :)

Anonymous said...

LOL!!! That is exactly how I feel about blogs. :) Anyway, your stories are always entertaining even if you don't have kids! :)
-Kara