Monday, January 26, 2009

rainy week = paddling weekend!

The flows came up and members of the kayak club took advantage...


The Merced River flowing out of Yosemite. This is the new rapid created by the landslide a couple years ago (the one that made them re-route the road on the other side of the river with two temporary bridges)


The Kaweah just above Dinely Bridge.


next day...






I was holding the camera in my mouth, which worked out great until I pinned on the piton rock at the bottom of the rapid and had to spit it out, push off, and roll up. I definitely need to look into a helmet mount or deck mount for the cam. I was going to add a sound track, but I've been getting good feedback on the sound effects!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post Sean. Thanks for sharing.

Christian said...

I agree, the sound effects are great. You can always add music and keep the sounds, too, right? Anyway, great post. Looks terrifying!

akalinear said...

If you add any music, you could always add a bit of a Darth Vader theme. =)

Allison Sangree said...

WOW Sean - great videos!
It's always good to know you're posting this so you must be OK =)
Thanks for keeping us updated. It's wonderful to see your face and what you're up to.
We love and miss you loads!