Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Sawtooth Peak

I got a chance to tackle another Sierra summit the other day. The short version-I went with my friends Matthew and Kristi. We camped near the trail head and made a day-hike of it. We were successful, stayed safe, and had a blast. I forgot my camera but Mathew hooked me up with a few pics.

Mathew and I. Sawtooth Peak is the sawtooth-shaped peak (oddly enough) in the background above my head.


Getting closer. There were a couple of pretty lakes around this bend.


Kristi and I, almost there. The last half a mile or so was quite a scramble!


Sittin' on top of the world. Well, actually just 12,342', but it felt like it.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Sean ... whenever I look at these pictures of you on top of high peaks I can't help but recall that you used to be 'challenged' by heights! Remember going up the CN Tower?

Keep well,
Love,
A. Margie

SES said...

yeah, at Niagra Falls too- I remember being really scared there!

Missi said...

cool pics, looks like a good time!

Chris and Michelle said...

Looks like you might be having too much fun living in CA!! =) Beautiful pics. - thanks for sharing! :)

Vicki & Bruce said...

After going to your mom's blog of France and yours of the beautiful mountain peaks, I feel like I've been on a vacation! Thanks for letting us hike with you!

Erin said...

Kyle saw your pics. He wants to climb that big rock. :)

Allison Sangree said...

Great post Sean! Thanks for keeping us up to date with your great adventures. I'm always glad that the pics are after the fact, and I know you're safe =)
Love you loads!!!

Anonymous said...

Waiting to see an update that says something about your visit home, your LASIC, and other current events from Visalia. You can't be THAT busy! Lots of love.

Christian said...

Just stopping by to show some love. Rock on, dood. Come to OK soon. The weather's perfect and you're long overdue. =) Love ya, man.

Keith Miller said...

We are jealous...